T750 Hiking bars or hiking straps?

Home Forums ASBA Member Forum T750 Hiking bars or hiking straps?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Heart of Gold 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Heart of Gold
    Participant

New addition to the Sports Boat fleet with a Thompson T750 based in Mackay. What have other T750’s used for hiking, bars or straps. After checking out Vivace bars make the most sense but not an easy fit to a Thompson. What has Duck Nuts and Turnham Green done?

Any help appreciated, cheers Alastair

Ed
    Keymaster

Alistair
    Have a look at the cover photo today (about to change it). Shows both – TG with bars & DN’s with straps. Send us an email at info@asba.org.au & we’ll flick you through to all the T750 owners to pick their brains on anything. Hope we’ll see you on the water soon.
    Cheers
    Darren

Andrew Waugh
    Keymaster

Hi Alistair,

I own a T8 with straps. Ive sailed on another T8 with bars and my vote is for the straps.

The bars didn’t let me hike as hard, they gave me sore feet from trying to hike like I did, and I was always worried I might slip and get my leg under them and end up breaking a bone. Also, they are technically in a bit of a grey area if you read RRS49.1 to the letter (it refers to straps not bars). However, to my knowledge, no one has ever tested the rule in this way so we don’t really know the answer.

Bars are nice if you just want to sit on the rail and enjoy the ride as they give you something to brace against but the 750 will reward you with speed if you don’t just do that.

Regards,
    Andrew.

Heart of Gold
    Participant

Thanks for your response Andrew and email. Will go with the consensus of straps.

Regards

ALASTAIR

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Design and Content ASBA